Do you auto backup your Act! database?
- Act! has this easy document that shows how to schedule it: Click Me
What I worry about is having my external hard drive break or get lost so back it up online for FREE with Dropbox.
- Signup for a free account at www.Dropbox.com
- Sign into Dropbox and install the local windows install file
- Follow the Act! tech document on how to do the backup: Click Me
- The only change is under Database Backup Options change it to the Dropbox folder!
Steps for the backup fast and easy:
- Inside of your database: Click the Tools Menu, select ACT! Scheduler…
- Click Edit Task in the upper left corner
- Click Next two times to get the Database Backup Options screen, click Browse
- Navigate to the Dropbox folder location (it’s in your Favorites in Windows Explorer)
- Click Next two times, click Finish