AVG may prevent ACT from opening.
Easy steps to tell AVG to play nice with ACT:
You may be able to workaround this by disabling AVG or by adding one of the following file paths (depending on your version of windows and Act!) to AVG’s exceptions list.
- Open your AVG program.
- From the Options menu select Advanced settings.
- In the left pane select Exceptions.
- In the right pane click Add exception.
- In the drop-down menu please select the exception type.
- Browse to the file, folder that you want to exclude or type URL
- Click OK to save details of the exception.
- Click OK again to save the settings.
- Act! Pro and Act! Premium: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.exe
- Act! Premium (access via web) C:Program Files\ACT\Act for Web\Act!.exe
- Act! Pro and Act! Premium: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.exe
- Act! Premium (access via web) C:Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\Act!.exe