My fav feature is when you send an email and Act! records a history. So the emails show up in two places. You find a copy of the email in the Send Items folder of Outlook and on the History Tab of the contact's record in ACT. I found two training videos:
Shhh - FREE HELP with ACT is easy to get and I want to share three ways to find it...
- Act Tech support looks up everything at www.ActKB.com. There's no way anyone can know it all unless you're me. :)
- You can post a question at http://community.act.com and even better you should search the 60,000 posts already there!
- Call me (Michael). No Joke. I'll talk to anyone for FREE for 5 or 10 minutes. I could find a better hobby but I love what I do so just mention this blog post and call me.
Do you auto backup your Act! database?
- Act! has this easy document that shows how to schedule it: Click Me
- Signup for a free account at www.Dropbox.com
- Sign into Dropbox and install the local windows install file
- Follow the Act! tech document on how to do the backup: Click Me
- The only change is under Database Backup Options change it to the Dropbox folder!
- Inside of your database: Click the Tools Menu, select ACT! Scheduler...
- Click Edit Task in the upper left corner
- Click Next two times to get the Database Backup Options screen, click Browse
- Navigate to the Dropbox folder location (it's in your Favorites in Windows Explorer)
- Click Next two times, click Finish
Act! Premier Trainers - That's us!We are uniquely qualified to deliver custom Act! training services at your location or in a dedicated training facility, and can develop comprehensive training using your data and real-world examples.Act! Premier Trainers must successfully pass a specialized trainer course giving them extensive product knowledge, so they're your best resource for Act! training.