You’re an ACT Subscription customer so you’ll find it helpful to have the direct line to support and avoid speaking with the Sales Department first. ACT Hosted Support: 877-716-6296 You MUST have your account number! It starts with an “A” but you don’t enter that in when prompted. OK?
You're an ACT Hosted Support customer so you'll find it helpful to have the direct line to support and avoid speaking with the Sales Department first. ACT Hosted Support: 877-501-4494 You MUST have your account number! It starts with an "A" but you don't enter that in when prompted. OK?
AVG may prevent ACT from opening. Easy steps to tell AVG to play nice with ACT: You may be able to workaround this by disabling AVG or by adding one of the following file paths (depending on your version of windows and Act!) to AVG's exceptions list.
- Open your AVG program.
- From the Options menu select Advanced settings.
- In the left pane select Exceptions.
- In the right pane click Add exception.
- In the drop-down menu please select the exception type.
- Browse to the file, folder that you want to exclude or type URL
- Click OK to save details of the exception.
- Click OK again to save the settings.
- Act! Pro and Act! Premium: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.exe
- Act! Premium (access via web) C:Program Files\ACT\Act for Web\Act!.exe
- Act! Pro and Act! Premium: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.exe
- Act! Premium (access via web) C:Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\Act!.exe
What do you do when you don't have a server for your database? You have it "hosted" of course! We like to think of ourselves as a "Strategic Hosted Partner" (whatever that means). WE CAN HANDLE YOUR DATABASE!!
Shhh - FREE HELP with ACT is easy to get and I want to share three ways to find it...
- Act Tech support looks up everything at www.ActKB.com. There's no way anyone can know it all unless you're me. :)
- You can post a question at http://community.act.com and even better you should search the 60,000 posts already there!
- Call me (Michael). No Joke. I'll talk to anyone for FREE for 5 or 10 minutes. I could find a better hobby but I love what I do so just mention this blog post and call me.
Do you auto backup your Act! database?
- Act! has this easy document that shows how to schedule it: Click Me
- Signup for a free account at www.Dropbox.com
- Sign into Dropbox and install the local windows install file
- Follow the Act! tech document on how to do the backup: Click Me
- The only change is under Database Backup Options change it to the Dropbox folder!
- Inside of your database: Click the Tools Menu, select ACT! Scheduler...
- Click Edit Task in the upper left corner
- Click Next two times to get the Database Backup Options screen, click Browse
- Navigate to the Dropbox folder location (it's in your Favorites in Windows Explorer)
- Click Next two times, click Finish