Software is free. It’s the serial numbers that cost money… I’m not sure why Act! hides the download link:
I spend a lot of time listening to podcasts and doing general research on a daily basis. Today I came across something complied by Steve Chipman of CRM Switch. These are the six costs selected with owning a CRM:
- Buying the CRM also known as vendor assessment is selecting what application is best for your business.
- Core subscription expense - this is usually very set and not an unknown cost.
- Add-Ins are often needed for mapping in data, mobile solutions, integrations with other apps, and etc.
- Implementation - this is something your IT people usually don't want to do because they don't have experience.
- Consider having a part time database admin working 10 hours a week for lots if you have a lot of users.
- Post Launch modification - Ongoing imports and continuing improvements. Not has complicated as life, CRM is a journey...
Software is free. It's the serial numbers that cost money... I'm not sure why Act! hides the download link BUT here it is:
My fav feature is when you send an email and Act! records a history. So the emails show up in two places. You find a copy of the email in the Send Items folder of Outlook and on the History Tab of the contact's record in ACT. I found two training videos:
Windows users of ACT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNR1JrNPuas
Web users only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z447PiSgohU
Some customers aren't ready to upgrade to Act! version 18.2 so... Here is the hidden link to v18.1 for Windows: http://dl.act.com/181/ESD/actprem_v181x103_US_CA_LA.exe
I'm not sure why Act! hides the download link. Software is FREE. It's the serial numbers that cost money right?
Windows 10 and ACT. Ha Ha Ha? We can't recommend anything older than version 17 for Windows 10. There's an old saying how the leading of edge of technology is also the bleeding edge of technology. Yikes? ACT published two documents that ACT customers should read before they upgrade to Windows 10.